Clarington Forge Spade and Fork Set
A Clarington Forge Spade and Fork Set will take on many tasks in your garden, will work for decades (with a bit of care), and will do so in style.
Great for all manner of digging, dividing, edging, loosening and harvesting roots.
- High carbon steel heads are forged for durability and resilience.
- Heads are a single piece of steel so there are no welds to break.
- Deep socket for strength.
- FSC certified, steam bent ash handle. (Ash is both strong and relatively flexible)
- Tool heads are approximately 11.5″ by 7.5″
- Overall lengths are 39″ and 43″ respectively.
- The tools weigh between 4.5 and 5 lbs.
John Jeavons and the Bio Intensive gardeners recommend the 28″ if you are under 5’5″ and the 32″ if you are over.
Note about the brand name: You may notice that your new tool wears a Bulldog brand sticker, not Clarington Forge. These tools are one in the same. The original brand name in Europe was (and still is) Bulldog, but for whatever reason up until 2016 they were branded under the Clarington Forge name outside of Europe. In 2016, Bulldog decided to simplify and brand there tools solely under the Bulldog name. The forge itself where the tools are made is still called Clarington Forge.
Replacement handles can be found HERE
Lifetime Warranty on metal parts.
1 Year Warranty on Handle.